Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My office chaaya!!

Served thrice a day, the same pathetic chaaya, has sadly become my habit. As they say beggars cannot be choosers. I am repulsively accustomed to this tea served in office. It is watery with a stale milk smell. It is bland sometimes, cloying and nauseating other times. I miss the sexy coffee served at my old office. Man! That was something I could kill for. Standing on the third floor ka fire exit, gazing up at the vast spread of sky above, with a steaming cup of perfectly blended fresh coffee beans and milk, thick foam sticking on to my upper lip, aah! Bliss!!! The pantry guy Venkat is my best friend in office. Good mood ho toh celebration ke liye coffee. Bad mood ho toh support ke liye coffee. Somehow he used to serve me with that elixir at the very precise moment. I miss him, his smiling face and most of all, his knack of making the most awesome coffee in this universe. This chaaya, I am staring at right now tastes like puke. Not that I have tasted puke but you know, it is just terrible. Once in a blue moon there is ginger tea which is bearable. Just like this dump of a place, the tea depresses me. Oh Lord, lift the dark clouds, give us lowly mortals some hope, let my poor organization afford a coffee vending machine!!!! Till then, I silently endure this steel cup mein pathetic chaaya.

No comments: